RE: [ga] The Real $64,000 Question

> I have always been impressed with Len's technical knowledge. He clearly
> demonstrated his knowledge of the intracies of VeriSign's (formerly NSI)
> shared registry system (SRS) from the very beginning, and I
> consider him to
> be one of the pioneers in the deleting domain name arena.

That is true.  Mr. Bayles seems to be at the hub of most of what I know
about deleting domain names circa 1998-9. Plus, he's a nice guy.

> However, it may be the fact that no 102(b) prior art exists.

That may be.  Particularly since most people were attempting to keep their
methods as trade secrets, but the circle kept growing until it became a
contest among registrars (and rumors of rooms full of Korean girls furiously
banging away at keyboards around drop time).

> it has been a number of years since I have opened up Title 35 of
> the United
> States Code.

102 has several sections other than (b).  There are also some old NSI
consultants and registry folks running around on the loose that might also
have a few leads.

It is always good to be nice to those from whom one has obtained an
assignment of a pending application, that is certain.