Re: [Re: [ga] GoDaddy:

Hello,

I was thinking about the SnapNames patent application. I think there'd
be some easy workarounds, if it should so happen to be granted and
enforceable:

1) The dropcatching system could blindly hammer the registry 24x7 with
all expiring domains (i.e. this would then not use part of the patent
that predicts the true deletion date). I'm sure Verisign would love it
that folks hammer 24x7 on names that aren't dropping.... ;)

2) Let the customer specify when to start hammering the registry
(thereby making it an external input, and not part of the 'system').
The elite customers would know exactly what dates to put in. ;)

What other workarounds would there be?

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/