Re: [ga] GoDaddy: "We adamantly oppose the WLS as proposed and intendto use any means available to block its implementation"

John I guess this is one of your jokes? I can't put it in such nice words
as the lawyer who wrote this fine text, but what this patent application
describes I was doing already in late Spring 2000. I can't prove it. I
didn't tell other people how to do it. But other people also did do it,
and didn't tell other people how to do it. (The exact time of the release
of expired names wasn't to be found on the net until last year, I think.)
You know why? Because telling others would increase competition. Not
competition for these services, but for good domains. And because it seems
impossible to patent something like this to anyone with a little common
sense, so the only protection available is keeping it silent.

The fact that so many people 'invent' functionally the same scripts at the
same time shows it is not worth a patent. They could try for copyright on
their specific script. If that is still worth anything as such now with
the WLS.

--
[12] This mail is never spam.
http://logoff.org/