[ga] Market-based address allocation ?

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg09658.html
"Market-based address allocation"
http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg09634.html
"The US Department of Defense (AS 568) wins the prize for the most
unregistered network blocks being announced."
http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg09739.html
"How to prove 192.5.5.0/24 is authorized?"
=====================================
As long as people use the 0:0 .ARPA address space, they will be subject to the
http://www.iana.org/assignments/as-numbers
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
======================================
Have no fear..."This is all run by government money, essentially."
> http://www.isi.edu/news/LABJSchorr.html
> "ISI was formed in 1972 to manage and research the ARPAnet"
> "Prior to joining ISI, Schorr spent more than 30 years in various engineering and management positions at IBM."
> "We're a spinout from Rand."
> "We're sort of between a corporate laboratory and a university..."
> "You know what ICANN is? That's in this building as we speak."
> "We ran IANA, which was the predecessor to ICANN."
> "This is all run by government money, essentially. So we're constantly looking for contracts."
> "Each person has an "agent" (an artificial intelligence program), and all the agents exchange information (via the Internet)."

The owners of IN-ADDR.[TLD] should be able to maintain their "ownership" of their address space.

Jim Fleming
http://www.IPv8.info