[ga] Dotster's latest letter to ICANN re: WLS -- Why hasn't ICANN acknowledged it?

Hello,

Dotster has posted their latest letter to ICANN, dated April 9, 2003,
on their website at:

http://www.dotster.com/common/content/wls/index.php
http://www.dotster.com/common/content/wls/wlsltr.pdf

I notice that this important correspondence has not been posted at:

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/

nor has ICANN's response, if any. Please have your webmasters update
the page.

Dotster and the consensus majority of other market participants (as
shown in the Name Council's consensus rejection of the WLS proposal)
have grave concerns over WLS, and its impact on consumer choice,
registrar innovation and competition. Dotster's Independent Review
Request and Reconsideration Requests, dated September 2002, have
received no response, even though they have a contractual relationship
with ICANN. It would be common courtesy for ICANN to have made some
response. Good faith would require it, especially in an open and
transparent ICANN.

Thus, I'd like to reiterate their concerns, as they speak for many who
have been watching this issue closely:

1. Why hasn't ICANN taken action nor responded to the aforementioned
requests?
2. By what date will action be taken on those requests?

Also, please clarify for all market participants that WLS will NOT be
introduced on July 25, 2003, or any future date, until objecting
parties have exhausted their avenues of appeal for this issue (the
first avenue being the above Requests, i.e. the answer to question #2
above).

I would also request that the community have at least a 3-month notice
period of any planned Implementation Date for WLS, so that it can make
the appropriate technical adjustments and responses in an orderly
fashion.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/