RE: [ga] 6000+ unique At Large Members?

At 06:01 a.m. 24/04/2003, Joanna Lane wrote:

>1) Year 2000: At Large Elections List, closed more than 2 years ago.
>2) Year 2001: ALSC list, roughly 1,000+ rolled over from earlier list,
>numbers declined to a handful of participants when closed more than 1 year
>ago.

How did you know the number of subscribers to the ALSC announce list?

>3) Year 2002: 100+ active participants from the 2001 list rolled over to
>ICANNAtLarge.com, originally funded by ICANN Staff under the leadership of
>Denise Michel.

Updated information on the funding of icannatlarge.com can be found here:
www.icannatlarge.com/funding.php

The initial funding was advanced by Pindar Wong, who would be offended to
be called ICANN staff and another $1000 was armtwisted out of Esther Dyson,
(who was not staff either) after she announced that she had $10.000 set
aside for the At Large organizing.

Denise Michel was then appointed by Esther  and put on the ICANN/ALAC
payroll well after the icannatlarge.com effort had been started in February
2002, clearly in an attempt to do an end-run around  icannatlarge.

>Membership grew to roughly 1000, of which only a handful
>remain active today.

Around 137 icannatlarge.com members have voted in recent polls and can be
considered active.
Around a 1020 working addresses are on its announce list.

>By my calculations, that makes about 60 left, not 6,000.

The publicly signed-up members of icannatlarge should not be confused with
the unknown 6000 people on Denise Michel's announce list.

-joop-