Re: [ga] RE: [centr-ga] Re: [nc-deletes] FW: [council] Concerns Regarding Report of DeletesTask Force

In this case, I agree with Chuck.  There are always legitimate exceptions
that occur.  Personally, I have had to "fight" with companies who failed
to either post a transaction in a timely manner after receving a check or
a payment has been "lost" either in the mail or within the corporation or
a check has arrived three weeks after being mailed in the neighboring
state or even within the state.

There are many reasons why having allowance for exceptions is reasonable
and necessary.  In addition, John Berryhill's statement that the contract
for the domain is the overriding application is true.  However, in the
case of litigation or other circumstances where an exceptional situation
arises, that contract should be held as extended until it is resolved,
thereby extending the terms of registration.  Once resolved, the
individual who is either granted the domain or retention of the domain
should have to pay whatever registration fees have accrued in the meantime
(without having to use the RGP).

As for Dr. Lisse's contention that a destroyed entity would have no need
for DNS, I would like to point out that this crass attitude toward an
entity or individual whose primary source of business or home due to
disaster will never recover or need the use of the domain is ludicrous.
To deny an entity some leeway after such a disaster (tornado, terrorist
action, storm, flood...) while attempting to put together his life and
livelihood... well, I hope it never happens to him.  If it should, perhaps
the cold, hard stance he has taken should be applied to him first.  After
all, life is cruel, and all things are just black or white with no gray
area, right?

The scenarios suggested by Mr. Touton are not exactly unusual.  I agree
that the adjustments to language would be fairly minor and would not take
the teeth out of the report.

Leah