Re: The telephone network and the internet (RE: [ga] ALAC comments on proposed Bylaws modifications)

Marc Schneiders wrote:

>Personally I think that all such texts, whether we call them
>recommendations or standards, should be freely available on the internet.
>If only because making them more accessible, makes them more effective.
>If you take yourself serious, you don't hide what you have to offer.
>
>As soon as there is participation of those governed into the governing
>organization it becomes _imperative_ that all material is accessible.
>Otherwise it would be most easy to disqualify would-be participants for
>lack of knowledge. That is precisely what we want to avoid, I would hope.

I have been following this discussion with some interest.  The issue
extends beyond proposed and enacted standards
to include laws and treaties  I represent Peter Veeck in litigation
currently pending  before
the US Supreme Court contesting copyright of city ordinances (in our
case, building codes).  The same arguments
are being made in our litigation as on this list.  Anyone interested in
the court filings, etc., may visit Pete's site
<http://regionalweb.texoma.net/cr>