RE: [ga] Privacy Brainstorming

> of the GAC to assist in resolving some of these complex
> issues involving the accuracy and access of Whois information.

This isn't about accuracy and access, but privacy. Lets not lose sight
of that - or the reason why we need to consult with the GAC in the first
place - reaching out to individual agencies is neither practical, nor
within our mandate.

> Although you talk about privacy being a universal issue, you
> miss the fact that national laws have very different
> approaches toward protecting it, please refer to the

I do? I thought I was pretty clear in stating that we needed a mechanism
to respect local policy at an international level - not a mechanism to
rationalize local policy on a registrar by registrar or registry by
registry or worse, [insert infinite number of combinations here] basis.

> test, and the ability to demonstrate that the new
> private-public sector framework can work.

I'm not sure that there is one. I have heard your colleagues at the FTC
use this phrase more than once, but I don't really feel that we are part
of a partnership.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/