Re: [ga] Re: Privacy Working Group

At 06:35 a.m. 21/02/2003, vinton g. cerf wrote:
>Hi Danny,
>
>to be honest I haven't made a lot of progress (mostly just a consequence of
>being overloaded and traveling 80% of my time),

Vint is currently here in Auckland, speaking at the Knowledge Wave
Conference and simultaneously watching NZ being humiliated by .. New
Zealanders in the Americas' Cup races.

I just come away from a breakfast with him, where we had the beginning of a
dialog of sorts about the At Large.
Is this ICANN lowering its draw-bridges?

Will issues like  WHOIS privacy one day really get "voted on" by the whole
interested community?

What is important for me is what structural and procedural solidity is
needed to make such a vote the final word.

-joop-