(Fwd) RE: [ga] Contemplated Registry Fees

Sorry, this should have gone to the list.

On 20 Feb 2003 at 10:11, Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> You are absolutely correct.  I was referring to charges from the
> Registry. The Third party would charge more, but there would be no
> charges from the Registry.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.

There should be no need for an arbitration unless there has been a
fraudulent transfer, such as in the sex.com case.  Even then, the registry
should have been able to flesh it out by securing signature documents to
show the fraud.  It's still something that should not have cost the
registrant any fees.  The buck still stops at the registry, IMO.  Perhaps
penalty for allowing this to occur and lack of cooperation of the gaining
or losing registrar could be no access to registrations until they do
cooperate.  Think that might spur cooperation?  In the meantime, the
reigstry can still return the domain to the rightful registrant.

Leah