[ga] Redemption Grace Period

Dear Esther and Wendy,

As the ICANN-appointed North American representatives serving on the At-Large
Advisory Committee I would ask you to raise the following issue with the
ICANN Board:

When the Redemption Grace Period was proposed, it was acknowledged that
inadvertent deletions might well occur as a result of registrar error.  A
recent article in ICANNwatch entitled "Redemption Grace Period Hell" has
pointed to a charge incurred by a North American for this service ($150) that
can only be described as an extortion fee.  If a deletion needs to be
corrected that resulted from registrar error, why should we registrants be
the ones to get the shaft?

This RGP is now providing an incentive to registrars to "accidently" delete a
domain (knowing that they can profit handsomely on these type of events).

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.  I look to forward to seeing
how you will act to defend the At-Large user interest.

Best regards,
Danny Younger