Re: [ga] The Price for Redemption

Don and all former DNSO GA members,

  Your Right of course Don.  I prefer to call it a a Flim-Flam myself.
But it certainly it is world class!  Or should I say World Classless! :(

  As you likely know figures don't lie, but liars figure!

  And so the saga continues....

Don Brown wrote:

> The pricing is unconscionable.
>
> 2,000 x 85 = $170,000.  $170,000 / $100/hr = 1,700 hours or 42.5
> man-weeks.  Do you believe it required that much in development cost?
>
> $40 for a recovery vs. $6 for a new registration?  And, the Registrars
> mark it up from there?
>
> Looks like world class gouging, to me.
>
> What about the poor Registrant who loses his domain name, through no
> fault of his own -- perhaps the Registrar, Registry or someone else in
> the chain is responsible.  Who pays, the consumer/Registrant?
>
> I realize that Network Solutions needs cash flow and a reasonable
> profit, but this is ridiculous.
>
> Friday, February 7, 2003, 12:13:05 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com <DannyYounger@cs.com> wrote:
> Dcc> as noted on the registrar's list:
>
> Dcc> "Fees for the redemption grace period service will be charged upon successful
> Dcc> restoration of domain name registrations. To provide for recovery of one-time
> Dcc> development costs while allowing a reduced price in the longer term, the fee
> Dcc> will initially be $85, but will later be reduced to $40. Specifically, through
> Dcc> the end of the second calendar month after the calendar month in which the
> Dcc> cumulative total of registered domain names restored pursuant to the
> Dcc> Redemption
> Dcc> Grace Period policy reaches 2000, the price per successful restore command
> Dcc> will
> Dcc> be $85; thereafter the fee will be $40.00."
>
> Dcc> Registrars remain entitled to add their markup to this fee.
>
> Dcc> Comments?
> Dcc> --
> Dcc> This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
>
> ----
> Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
> donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
> PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
> Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
> ----

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801