RE: [ga] GNSO Council WHOIS TF Final report- modified version -open for public comment

  • To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>, <DNSO.SECRETARIAT@dnso.org>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] GNSO Council WHOIS TF Final report- modified version -open for public comment
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@att.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 21:15:15 -0500
  • Cc: "GA" <ga@dnso.org>
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

Dear Jeff

Please do not use profanity in communications with the Secretariat. That is completely unprofessional and uncalled for.

I suggest that an apology is needed from you to the Secretariat.

As for the Task Force, which I co-chair, I'm happy to provide the following perspective, which I feel confident that my co-chair and the TF will support.

We have posted, taken comments, posted, taken comments, posted.... etc. etc.

This is one final offering to the community for any further comments on a report which was presented to the Council in Amsterdam. There is little change, except to incorporate the Implementation Committee's input, and the comments received in the interim.

We have made many opportunities for input available. I am not sure what you mean by "alternative proposals". You have had several weeks if not months to provide "alternate proposals". You have not provided any substantive "alternative proposals" to the postings of the TF.

You should note that the work of the TF includes Issues Reports which will be posted in the near future for comment and then presentation and discussion in Rio. Perhaps your angst is better directed to those reports.

We always value receiving informed, educated, thorough, considered and well documented input with its documented backup and documentation on who has been consulted and participated in the comments. The Task Force welcomes  broad, well substantiated informed comments regarding its work.

I repeat that I believe that you owe the Secretariat an apology. IF you have issues with the TF, you can direct them to the co-chairs.

Marilyn Cade