Re: FW: [ga] Why is it impossible to change .com.cn nameservers?

On 27 Jan 2003 at 12:14, Tindal, Richard wrote:

> During the first few months of .CN launch we have chosen, for stability
> reasons, not to offer automated modification functionality to Registrars.
> We are, however, performing manual modifications at the request of
> Registrars.   In February we plan to offer a stable and reliable automated
> modification process.
>
> Hope this is helpful.

IMO, it sounds as if the registrar has simply dropped the ball and
Neustare has also.  A registrant has asked to have nameservers changed as
has been given "no" for an answer.  If Neustar has not automated the
system, then Neustar should have notified registrants that they could go
directly to the "gateway" provider for assistance.  In the case mentioned,
the registrant has suffered a potentital business loss due to what is an
effective stalemate.

Leah