Re: [ga] Why is it impossible to change .com.cn nameservers?

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, at 00:18 [=GMT-0600], Andy Gardner wrote:

> At 5:32 AM +0100 1/25/03, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> >But Scotland doesn't belong to you, does it? So why should you have it?
> >It belongs to the Crown. Be careful, since the Queen already filed a WIPO
> >complaint for one of her dominions. And that was the furthest away from
> >her throne. She may fight harder this time since Scotland is so close, and
> >brings in more tax.
>
> So the Monarchy should have control of a domain in China's part of the name
> space?

Well, if She thinks She should have newzealand.com, as She did, while .com
is certainly not in Her jurisdiction, why could She not claim a very tiny
part of China in cyberspace? Since She has given up Hong-Kong to China, we
all know that She is no longer imperialistic. So don't give me that now.

> That's an interesting argument.

I was merely warning an innocent subject for a trial for lese-majesty. You
may not know that, but in the UK they take that still very seriously
indeed.

--
[08] We appreciate positive feedback.
http://logoff.org/