ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: FW: FW: [ga] FYI: .org applicant comments (long)

Ross,

> "We have independently designed, developed and operate most of our SRS solutions
> internally, ranging from the protocol independent business logic and near-real
> time updates on DNS; moreover, while we recognize the efforts of all of those
> involved in EPP development, our internal developers independently
> developed the code for the EPP C++ toolkit and extensions that allow
> the Java version to work for .info, .name, and even .biz and .us."

I assume the last line above was a miscommunication between Karen and
me. GNR did not write any extensions for the Java toolkit to work for
.info, .biz and .us, and of course we don't want to take any credit for
anyone elses work. The above error is probably my fault for giving Karen
a rather confusing account of how the toolkit has been developed.

I just wanted to correct that for the record, as Karen is away, so that
there would be no further confusion over this issue.

And, I appreciate that you don't want the efforts of current and former
Tucows employees and others that played a large part of the development
of the toolkit, and in particular the Java version, to be diminished.
That has of course never been our intention.

I have greatly appreciated the work in particular Dan Manley and Lee Yin
has done in facilitating the toolkit work in doing the majority of the
work on the Java toolkit, as it has made it possible for me to have my
team (in particular Asbjorn Steira, who did all the gruntwork on the C++
toolkit) focus on the C++ side where we have the most resources.

Tucows and Liberty should really be commended for letting your people
spend this effort to do this work that is very useful to the community.
It was also in recognition of this, and in support of the community,
that we have put our effort into the C++ toolkit, and that we paid to
sponsor Dan and to do part of the upgrade of the java toolkit to 05/03.

Regards,
Vidar Hokstad

--

Vidar Hokstad <vhokstad@gnr.com>
Head of Development, Global Name Registry

Information contained herein is Global Name Registry Proprietary Information and is made available to you because of your interest in our company.    This information is submitted in confidence and its disclosure to you is not intended to constitute public disclosure or authorization for disclosure to other parties.
What's your .name?
Get one at www.name