ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] Legitimate Hi-Jacking

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 12:52:30PM -0400, Michael D. Palage took time to write:
> I believe the easiest way to prevent the scenario you discussed is to
> provide a longer runway prior to deleting the domain name for inaccurate
> data. I believe that after not responding to a 15 day whois inquiry, the

Easier: provide the WLS only for domain names deleted after
*expiration*, not domain names deleted for other reasons.
(even easier: no WLS)

2 lines of code at Registry.

> domain name should be put on hold (removed from the zone files) but not
> automatically deleted. I believe that this distinction is important during

There is already a REGISTRY-HOLD window of 5 days (IIRC) in certain
cases. This is still not enough, whatever delay there is.

Patrick Mevzek.