ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] CDT Letter on .org

Todd and all assembly members,

  I would have to agree with Todd in his bet here.  However I not any
of our members see this as being all that concerning as .ORG has always
been in practice a "Open TLD"...  Remember .ORG originally meant or
stood for "Organizations".  That being the case, and the fact that
"Organizations" come in all types, NGO and non-NGO alike...

todd glassey wrote:

> As a side comment, I am willing to bet that more than 50% of the .org's
> registered and actively in use are support organizations of commercial
> entities or they are standards and operations consortiums that have a
> bottom-line impact on their peer .com/.net or others. This invalidates the
> concept that .org is the "NPO's Only" TLD...
>
> Todd

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801