ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga] Re: Slightly OT: Apple to Release Source Code to its zeroconf implementation

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Schnizlein" <jschnizl@cisco.com>

> This language is not consistent with the fact that the IETF is not
> composed of company representatives, but individual contributors.

http://www.ietf.org
"The IETF is an organized activity of the Internet Society"

...the Internet Society is a company...it has "company representatives"...

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-19aug02.htm
"We received eleven very strong and thoughtful proposals," noted Stuart Lynn, President of ICANN. "We appreciate the response of the
institutions behind these proposals. The ISOC proposal was the only one that received top ranking from all three evaluation teams.
====

The ISOC plans to be a Registry.....Apple is a Registry.....both are companies....
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
017/8           Apple Computer Inc.                     Jul 92
====

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0208/29.rendezvous.php

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

P.S. CISCO is a company....