Re: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

Marilyn and all former DNSO GA members,

  The information you seek has already been discussed, debated, or otherwise
provided on a number of occasions on this forum.  Perhaps a review of the
archives would be a good start for you to begin, Marilyn.
But to help you out a little bit for .FR see: http://www.nic.fr/english/tools/
and  http://annuaire.nic.fr  as well as  http://www.nic.fr/cgi-bin/whois
also for some documentation regulation see: http://www.nic.fr/english/internal-regulations.html

  For .DE see the following links to help you get started:
http://www.denic.de/index.en.html and for personal data
information see: http://www.denic.de/doc/personendaten.en.html
However this link seems to be contrary to the documentation
listed at:  http://www.denic.de/doc/rfc/index.en.html
which references: http://www.denic.de/doc/rfc/domain/rfc2541.en.html

  For some information on .UK see: http://www.nic.uk/rules/new-rules.html
and Whois see: http://www.nic.uk/whois.html .  It may also be
a good idea to review http://www.nic.uk/news/guides/reg5.html
as well...  Dispute resolution is for .UK info is here:
http://www.nic.uk/drs/mediation.html also see:
 http://www.nic.uk/ref/drs-procedure.html
Case law on disputes for .UK is here: http://www.nic.uk/news/legal/index.html
However this seems to be a bit out of date...  So again search the
DNSO GA forum archives as well as NYTIMES news archives
and perhaps the BBC news archives would bare some fruit as well...

  For .AU perhaps Dave would be a better resource.  However
I am sure that you yourself Marilyn can whip the web your self
for further info...  After all you are a Whois Task force member,
so get to work and show us your great abilities on your own
effort...  >;)

  Well Marilyn that should get you started and keep you busy for
some time...

Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:

> David, you are a great resource to help us find out more about what ccTLDs do... in this area.  Do you know what Domainz does? Is there a way to find out what some of the larger ccTLDs do? Such as .de; .uk; .au; .fr; etc.? Perhaps there is learning which the gTLDs can take from the ccTLDs. Many ccTLDs have regisrtrations from other countries so have the postal delivery issues as well.

> I'd be happy to post any relevant and factual responses we might be able to get to the WHOIS TF list.
>
> Regards, Marilyn Cade

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801