Where-am-I? (RE: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, at 13:24 [=GMT-0600], Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato wrote:

> Here's a thought I just came up with. If you've registered a domain name and
> you actively use it for your website, and you have a number of pages in sai
> website,

There is and never was, as far as I know, a requirement to have a website
for a domain name. There is, I think, for receiving email to postmaster@.
RFC822 IIRC.

> Maybe countries, such as Spain, that have legislated on information
> society services could require domain name registrants to include one
> such page in their websites, as anyone who has a website comes under the
> rule of such statutes.

But where is the website? Where the server is? And if there is no website
(or even if there is one): Where is the domain?