[ga] Open call to join ICANNATLARGE.ORG

Consider this deja vu.

Back in February the At Large was faced with a similar expulsion from ICANN.
As Danny Younger, Richargd Henderson and many other voices in this forum
have so eloquently stated, expelling the GA is the latest step in what we in
the At large see as a determined process to stifle dissent and limit
external inputs from interfering with the process of Internet governance.

Our expulsion resulted in the formation of ICANNATLARGE.ORG.  Our goal is to
create a strong, independant, external voice to represent the interests of
Internet users world-wide.  We aren't deluding ourselves in thinking this
task will be easy.  But we are not willing to go away quietly.  If we do,
the "bad guys" win.  Now that all internal voices have been stilled, those
wishing to have a voice in Internet governance must do so from the outside.
We intened to be such a voice.

Hopefully there are many in this forum today feeling the same anger and
outrage we felt in February.  I ask that you channel that anger and join us
in our efforts.  There are many respected voices in this forum, some of
which are already counted as members of our organization.  But we need many
more -- many thousands more! -- if we are to be an effective voice.  Please
join us in our efforts.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info