[ga] FYI: Karl Auerbach stays on the Transition Board

http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=1055&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0#10312

KarlAuerbach writes:
>Most of the items I mentioned in my prior comments on ICANNWatch balance
>out - each pressure towards "yes" is roughly balanced by a pressure
>towards "no". That is, except for three things.
>
>The first is the principle that a body such as ICANN obtains its long term
>legitimately and success by the degree to which it transforms itself from
>the realm of personalities and arbitrariness to the realm of rules/laws
>and predictability.
>
>I was elected for a given term. By opting to extend my stay, I feel that
>I'd be elevating the principle of personality and ad hoc decision making
>over the principle of having stable, predictable rules applied to all and
>applied without bias.
>
>The second is the fact that ICANN unlawfully curtailed my rights as a
>Director. When I ran for the board seat I pointed out that an important part
>of my job would be to use my Directors rights to inquire into the all too
>common dark corners of ICANN. For 18 months ICANN blocked access to materials
>that I have an absolute right to see. I brought a successful legal action
>that resulted in a court order obligating ICANN to open its records. Over
>the last few months I have tried to catch up. Doing so is an enormous task
>and I have much work yet to do. It is my feeling that opting to continue my
>term, at least for a short period while I pursue my review of ICANN's records,
>would provide a partial cure to the damage that ICANN unlawfully inflicted
>on my term.
>
>The third is that the private and public communications sent to me have been
>universally in support of me going onto the transition board.
>
>So here is the decision: I will opt to continue onto the transition board.

------------

So here is the (final) Transition Board which will
serve until the "New Board" is seated (in several
months time):

 Vinton G. Cerf (Chairman)
 Alejandro Pisanty (Vice-Chairman)
 M. Stuart Lynn (President/CEO)