De: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]En nombre de Marc
Schneiders
Enviado el: Jueves, 19 de Diciembre de 2002 03:35 PM
Para: Steven Heath
CC: ga@dnso.org
Asunto: RE: [ga] NewZealand.com WIPO decision

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, at 09:27 [=GMT+1300], Steven Heath wrote:

> Even more interesting to read the BNA Law summary of the decision:
>
> Further, the panel termed the action "baseless" and "misconceived"
> as it unanimously found that the government engaged in reverse domain name
> hijacking in bringing the action."

Congratulations to the NZ government. I don't think any other government
has been declared to be a domain name hijacker. (The decision occurs very
rarely and governments/city councils tend to win.) A Book of Records entry
for the country named after a province in mine!

The fact that the NZ government did file the complaint, shows that even
among those elected by the people, attempting theft is not a big deal. Or
is it that the UDRP, as applied, is succeeding in misleading good
politicians into believing Everything Trademark Lawyers Dream of When They
Do Not Have a Nightmare?

Is there any progress to report about the pending review of the UDRP by
ICANN, due for end 2000?

Will the evaluation of new gTLDs also take so long to get going? I hope
not.

There are some facts we best ignore, right?

--
[01] All ideas are vintage not new or perfect.
http://logoff.org/