Re: [ga] who are the root server operators?

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Allan Liska wrote:

> Hello Joe,
>
> Monday, November 4, 2002, 12:32:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> JB> Well I find it objectionable that there's so much secrecy around the root
> JB> server operators.  I see so many groups fighting over the accuracy of
> JB> whois data while i can't for the life of me find a contact email, phone,
> JB> fax or point of contact for any root server operators.
>
> As Paul has already pointed out on nanog, the list of root server
> operators is located at:
>
> http://root-servers.org/

Thats just a list of root servers - it provides no contact information.
Nor is any in the whois.

The only contact information available is in the SOA whois gives the
contact email address for the root operator as NSTLD@VERISIGN-GRS.COM.

regards
joe baptista