Re: [ga] Nuclear Threat from the ccTLDs

Patricio Poblete wrote:

>This is partly inaccurate. Plan B is to have a ccTLD-run system to manage
>the part of the IANA database that refers to ccTLDs. (Note that this would
>not
>be an alternate root, the idea would be to get the USG to accept this as
>the
>authoritative source of information for ccTLDs in the A root.)

True, with an additional clause, that Plan B can work without risk for the
stability of the Internet only if ICANN's "part" of the root will never have
2-chars codes (please note that at any point in time a new country can be
created, and ISO will allocate a new 3166 code for it, hence a potentially
new ccTLD).
What I mean by this is that still there must be co-operation between ccTLDs
and ICANN, or strict rules enforced (by whom?) on the entries in the A-root.

Regards
Roberto