RE: [ga] Verisign writes to Joe Sims re: WLS!

Very carefully VGRS did not use the RFR procedure for this and no that
is not a mistake.

What the main trick in their arguments is?

"Although the Board has voted in favor of the WLS service, as you are
well aware, VeriSign respectfully disagrees with ICANN's position that
ICANN (1) has the authority to so regulate the business affairs of any
registry, and (2) has any legitimate basis for appending "conditions" on
to the service which substantially impair its viability and economic
success. Pursuant to the terms of the registry agreements for .com and
.net, VeriSign recognizes the need to add a WLS price to Appendix G of
those agreements, which is all that VeriSign originally requested."

And their thoughts on the efforst of the entire process:

"As you are aware, in an effort to move this new service to the
marketplace, we reluctantly have cooperated with a process established
by ICANN which we strongly oppose as inappropriate and ineffective. "

This makes clear what you and I thought from the beginning, that it was
a rigged race, we were only in it for the decorum.

It might be wise to "unite" some users and start finding some law
organizations that are willing to file some hefty law-suits against VGRS
as soon as this "product" hits the market.
I for one will gladly do my bit for that.

Oh and why this one is on the agenda and not Dotster ? You did not think
that this "position" of VGRS was not thought out and discussed between
VGRS and ICANN council ??
If VGRS get's that position "accepted" (of course) then Dotsters appeal
becomes "moot".

Naw, you gotta hand it to them, smooth as a baby's butt.

Kind regards

Abel