RE: [ga] Nuclear Threat from the ccTLDs

> > It is also true that in the public forum there were different
> > statements from different ccTLD people, which appeared to
> be somewhat
> > contrasting one with the other. People from some ccTLDs stood up to
> > say that the wording of the communique was a little excessive and
> > partly due to misunderstandings, and that they didn't mean to put
> > things that way.
>
> Great, but that isn't "printed". And what percentage of ccTLDs are you
> talking about, and are they important ones? So far what you tell is
> anecdotal. That is OK if you want to promote a certain
> political position.
> Are you?

Thomas Roessler reported this on his http://notebook.does-not-exist.org blog
that .ca said Leaving ICANN is plan B. Not complete consensus behind every
point of the communiqué.

Also I find PDT's comment about ITU just plain weird... but then again PDT
said similar things about 18 months ago in Chile about breaking away from
the root server.

Steven Heath
www.nznews.org.nz