[ga] Re: China Distracted With IPv6...While Others Lease IPv4 Address Space

Jim and all,

  As you may know, and I do know the business community in China
are adamantly opposed to IPv6 for the several security holes
it has as well as implementation problems.  Hence Professor Jianping Wu
and Paul Wilson have been beating the bushes so to speak in order to
drum up support from the business community in China.  So far
China Education and Research Network (CERNET)
http://www.edu.cn/HomePage/english/cernet/ , have had significant
and continuing problems in garnering the chinese business community
in acceptance of IPv6.

Jim Fleming wrote:

> China Distracted With IPv6...While Others Lease IPv4 Address Space
>
> http://www.icann.org/shanghai/ipv6-topic.htm
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
> http://lacnic.net/en/transition.html
> "On 2 September 2002, customers in the emerging LACNIC region will begin to receive invoices from LACNIC. Monies will be payable in
> US dollars. All monies collected by LACNIC will be transferred to ARIN. ARIN in turn will return a portion of those monies to LACNIC
> to help sustain LACNIC operations. Upon final recognition, the transfer of monies will cease. The target date for the cessation of
> money transfer is 18 November 2002."
>
> Jim Fleming
> 128-bit DNS is closer than you think...
> http://ipv8.dyndns.tv
> http://ipv8.dyns.cx
> http://ipv8.no-ip.com
> http://ipv8.no-ip.biz
> http://ipv8.no-ip.info
> http://ipv8.myip.us
> http://ipv8.dyn.ee
> http://ipv8.community.net.au
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801