[ga] Re: [ecdiscuss] .EU pre-registration scam

Philip and all,

  I hope so!  But there should be no surprise really in this sort of
occurrence.  The Registry is Afilias for .biz and the registrar is
Network Solutions.  The proper Technical contact is
bizregistration@netsol.com

  This looks allot like another of the Verisign/network solutions scams
that have been ongoing for awhile now...

See Whois record which is as follows:
Domain Name: EU-DOMAIN.BIZ
                 Domain ID: D2304472-BIZ
                 Sponsoring Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS INC.
                 Domain Status: ok
                 Registrant ID: 17344903
                 Registrant Name: Helmut Hackl
                 Registrant Address1: Hauptplatz 1
                 Registrant City: Homm
                 Registrant State/Province: .
                 Registrant Postal Code: 101010
                 Registrant Country: Belize
                 Registrant Country Code: BZ
                 Registrant Email: office@eu-nic.biz
                 Administrative Contact ID: 17344903
                 Administrative Contact Name: Helmut Hackl
                 Administrative Contact Address1: Hauptplatz 1
                 Administrative Contact City: Homm
                 Administrative Contact State/Province: .
                 Administrative Contact Postal Code: 101010
                 Administrative Contact Country: Belize
                 Administrative Contact Country Code: BZ
                 Administrative Contact Email: office@eu-nic.biz
                 Billing Contact ID: 17344903
                 Billing Contact Name: Helmut Hackl
                 Billing Contact Address1: Hauptplatz 1
                 Billing Contact City: Homm
                 Billing Contact State/Province: .
                 Billing Contact Postal Code: 101010
                 Billing Contact Country: Belize
                 Billing Contact Country Code: BZ
                 Billing Contact Email: office@eu-nic.biz
                 Technical Contact ID: 17344903
                 Technical Contact Name: Helmut Hackl
                 Technical Contact Address1: Hauptplatz 1
                 Technical Contact City: Homm
                 Technical Contact State/Province: .
                 Technical Contact Postal Code: 101010
                 Technical Contact Country: Belize
                 Technical Contact Country Code: BZ
                 Technical Contact Email: office@eu-nic.biz
                 Name Server: NS2.I-NET.AT
                 Name Server: NS1.I-NET.AT
                 Created by Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS INC.
                 Last Updated by Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS INC.
                 Domain Registration Date: Tue Jan 29 14:42:50 GMT 2002
                 Domain Expiration Date: Wed Jan 28 23:59:59 GMT 2004
                 Domain Last Updated Date: Tue Jan 29 14:42:53 GMT 2002

================

Also see Whois record for EU-NIC.BIZ
which is as listed:
Domain Name: EU-NIC.BIZ
                 Domain ID: D1707993-BIZ
[...]
                 Technical Contact ID: NEUL-0000505573
                 Technical Contact Name: Verisign, Inc.
                 Technical Contact Address1: 21355 Ridgetop Circle
                 Technical Contact City: Dulles
                 Technical Contact State/Province: VA
                 Technical Contact Postal Code: 20166
                 Technical Contact Country: United States
                 Technical Contact Country Code: US
                 Technical Contact Phone Number: +1.8664183684
                 Technical Contact Email: bizregistration@netsol.com
                 Name Server: NS2.I-NET.AT
                 Name Server: NS1.I-NET.AT
                 Created by Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS INC.
                 Last Updated by Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS INC.
                 Domain Registration Date: Fri Nov 16 12:38:27 GMT 2001
                 Domain Expiration Date: Sat Nov 15 23:59:59 GMT 2003
                 Domain Last Updated Date: Fri Nov 16 12:39:53 GMT 2001

Philip VAN GELDER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anything being done to stop this sort of activity?
>
> Cheers
> Philip VAN GELDER

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801