Re: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re: NewZealand.biz

> I insist that the naming of States is a matter of public interest, and
> therefore registrars should ban the registration of domain names
comprising
> the names of States, unless registration is requested by the State
> concerned.

Intellectual Property types tend to rely on this type of logic as well. I've
never understood (nor been adequately convinced) how prior use in a
completely unrelated area should provide one the benefit of complete
protection for all future applications.

toronto.info, newzealand.biz - its all the same - property rights don't
reasonably map to domain names - the "landrush attitude" remains the
fairest.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow