From: owner-ga-full@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga-full@dnso.org] On Behalf
Of Thomas Roessler
Sent: 09 October 2002 15:15
To: DannyYounger@cs.com
Cc: ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] GA & the Steady State Future

The ERC's recommendations do not mean that this list is going to be
shut down.  It's going to continue, first as a GNSO-sponsored
discussion forum, and then as a forum sponsored by ALAC. "Moderated"
can mean a lot, and I would not interpret it as meaning moderation
in the technical sense.

And just in case you are afraid that this list is going to share the
fate of the ALSC forum: I'm pretty sure that this is not going to
happen...

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.INFO/

mkatoh@mkatoh.net,
>	hans@icann.org, shkyong@kgsm.kaist.ac.kr, lynn@icann.org,
>	andy@ccc.de, junsec@wide.ad.jp, quaynor@ghana.com,
>	helmut.schink@icn.siemens.de, linda@icann.org
>
>Dear Alejandro and members of the Board,
>
>Our entire consensus process is predicated on the understanding that an
>effort must be made to consult with those whom are to be affected by
ICANN's
>decisions -- yet at no time has the ERC ever consulted with the General

>Assembly membership prior to rendering its decision to terminate
ICANN's only