Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:33:21 -0400, "Neuman, Jeff"
<Jeff.Neuman@neustar.us> wrote:

>Just let me clarify something for the record.  I never said that there would
>be supreme body that would make global policies "binding" on all of the
>ccTLDs.  My posting merely was meant to say that ICANN would be a good forum
>to discuss these issues and come to some sort of best practices guidelines for global
>policy matters.

I would say that ICANN "could" be a good forum to discuss ccTLD best
practices but only if it there is a radical behavioral change from
ICANN.

ICANN's recent blackmail tactics regarding the IANA database and name
server changes scare the crap out of a lot of ccTLDs and the very real
fear is that an ICANN co-ordinated best practice document one day
would become a requirement the next day to have a name server change
etc.  Not at all far fetched is it?

DPF
--
david@farrar.com