Re: [ga] regulating content

On Monday 30 September 2002 02:22 pm, Michael D. Palage wrote:
> 2) We have not yet discussed the current proposed policy, but in our last
> call we did discuss the .kids legislation and NeuStar's attempt to launch
> the .kids.us TLD. Other topics for discussion next week's call in addition
> to the .kids policy, nexis requirements, reporting false Whois and one
> other issue that currently escapes me.

??? Since when is kids.us a TLD?  It is an SLD.  Moreover, SLDs are not
supposed to be in any way governed by ICANN.  They are the responsibility of
the SLD holder just as any of us who register a domain in .com may then
delegate subdomains.  It simply becomes a much larger responsibility for the
SLD holder as well as the TLD holder to ensure the viability of the delegated
domains.

Leah