RE: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Chuck,

--- "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@verisign.com> wrote:
> to technical and stability issues.  Note that I definitely said that
> users
> should have a strong voice in the polciy making process.  I just
> disagree
> with a small subset of users who really do not represent all users
> running
> the show so that they can push their special interests that are often
> not
> the same as the broader interests of all users.

In the WLS debate, there was a massive majority (many hundreds) against
it, at:

http://forum.icann.org/wls/ (much more active than the .org debate)

and at the Anti-WLS petition at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/antiwls/ (3498 signatures)

How many users constitute a "small subset"? 10, 20? 1000? As you know,
SnapNames/Verisign could only muster under 100 "supporters" of WLS,
mostly living in the state of Oregon (SnapNames' home state).

Methinks someone has been watching a few too many re-runs of 'Father
Knows Best' for his own good...

It's easy to "talk the talk" of being a populist, but can you "walk the
walk"?

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/