RE: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

On 12:56 28/09/02, Gomes, Chuck said:
>Fact: An organization under contract with ICANN that is required to comply
>with new policies imposed by ICANN is not impacted in the same way that an
>organization that is not under contract.  They are not "equally" affected.
>They are affected in different ways, one directly, one indirectly.

True. Let suppress ICANN and its artificial contracts and let the market
decide. RFC 920 and 1591 say that TLD Managers are Registrants community
trustees. Once for all let have VRSN be the trustee of a not charged .com
domain name registrants community, selling them the value added services
they want. Which business can build stable developments if it is imposed to
fire its customers or to trick them into being a prospect as through the WLS.

Obviously this means that registrants may also create other communities
than ".com". But it also means that VRSN may propose specialized services
to other communities than ".com". Under that terms I would certainly be
interested partnering with MicroSign instead of being obliged to fight them.
We would enter quality competition instead of lower price/grade competition.

I really feel the Internet is still under a 1983 USSR like bureaucratic
mismanagement system.
Some Glatznost please, Comrade Joseph Sims.
Peretstroika does not mean Joe+Louis+Stuart perpetual trinity.
Let lift the Icann Curtain.
jfc