[ga] Re: "...more stuff, better stuff and cheaper stuff..."

Jim and all assembly members or other interested parties,

  Excellent and accurate response here Jim.  Well done indeed!
I would only say that only the fools are fooled, and the foolers
luv to fool the fools...  As P.T Barnum once said, "a fool and his
money soon part company"...  Perhaps that applies indirectly here...

Jim Fleming wrote:

> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc11/msg00699.html
> From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@palage.com>
> "A handy rule that she provided us to stay away from anti-trust
> concerns was more stuff, better stuff and cheaper stuff. However, my
> personal favorite reference can be found on
> http://www.antitrust.org/aei/Guidelines.htm.
>
> Prior to ICANN, there were MORE Registrars.....ISPs, webmasters and even lawyers
> simply accessed the DNS Registry (and the whois) via various interfaces. All they are or
> were doing is making entries in a database. It is not rocket science. Note, many companies
> (see below) do the same thing for FREE, and they do it in real-time, and users see the
> results within seconds. They are not tied up in mountains of red-tape and legal agreements
> and disputes resulting from a system designed to INCREASE disputes to pay attorneys to
> resolve the disputes. No one is fooled.
>
> Via Registrar "licensing" (accreditation), ICANN caused LESS Registrars to have direct
> access to the Registry. This of course helped the Registry, increased the Registry's revenue
> and most importantly created a layer of brokers that now sing the praises of the I* society
> which has made them very wealthy for doing almost nothing. No one is fooled.
> http://www.thepricedomain.com/index.php?domainlist=com
>
> That wealth can of course only be preserved if there is no competition allowed. While
> http://www.New.Net and other pioneers create MORE, the I* society advocates for LESS
> or the same. Sure, some token TLDs were tossed out to make it look like more, but most
> of those have been a fiasco and the revenue has been carefully maintained in the hands of
> the cartel members. The companies with the TLDs ready to go in 1998, were pushed aside.
> Those were the companies that trusted the U.S. Government when they said they would
> solve the problem, in a few months. Years later, it is worse not better. No one is fooled.
>
> Of course, while most of the world is distracted with names debates, the real story continues
> with the I* society control of the address space. Via the IN-ADDR.ARPA domain registrations,
> ISPs are locked into using the U.S. Government controlled servers. The DOD and other agencies
> maintain tight control of this valuable cyberspace and the I* society insiders lease pieces of it.
> What should be a totally automated system, now has dozens of people involved in making
> subjective decisions and making sure that only the insiders and the "right people" benefit from
> the artificially scarce resource. No one is fooled.
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
> http://lacnic.net/en/transition.html
>
> Fortunately, people can just route around it all...because **some people** have worked to
> provide...."...more stuff, better stuff and cheaper stuff..."
>
> Vote Early and Often...
> http://www.kvtek.com/ddnsservices.asp
>
> 128-bit DNS AAAA Record Flag Day Formats
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801