Poor registrars can be putvoted by consumers? (RE: [ga] ERC's SecondImplementation Report)

Your complaint seems to me to stem from a very one-sided view of the
situation and perhaps therefore smelling of selfpity.

For three reasons:

1. You have a contract with ICANN. If you do not like the changes they
make, you can quit as registrar/-try.

2. Those who have a domain have not more choice: Either accept your
(registry/-rar) changes or cancel their domain name.

3. You are operating in a regulated market. You have the benefits of the
fact that consumers have little choice. Accept also the hardships. If you
operate in a free market, consumers can vote you out with their money. In
a regulated market, they should have other means to tell you that you do
it wrong.

And additionally: Has ICANN ever passed a pro-consumer decision against
the registrars/-tries?