Re: [ga] RIRs on the Second Interim Report

> To:  Vint Cerf, Alejandro Pissanty, Stuart Lynn
>
> From:  APNIC, ARIN, RIPE NCC
>
> 1.  The RIRs are dismayed with the second interim report of the ICANN
> E&R Committee in terms of the lack of consideration and response to the
> submissions of the RIRs to ICANN.
>
> 2.  In the light of this, the RIRs are unwilling to accept the proposed
> changes to the composition of the ASO, the proposed changes to the
> support mechanisms of the ASO and proposed changes to the role of the
> ASO within ICANN.

ICANN Management have managed to alienate many of the key stakeholders.  This
move by the RIRs can only be considered a huge blow to ICANN especially when
coupled with their failed divide and conquer tactics with the ccTLDs and almost
no progress with the root server operators.

If ICANN had adopted a less arrogant and adverserial style (I am staggered that
staff members are allowed to attack Directors in public) then a lot of problems
could have been avoided.  The blackmail over the ccTLD Database has done
nothing except create hostility and suspicion.

Surely it is time for senior management and officers to step aside.  It is
obvious to many that ICANN will never suceed without a dramatic culture change.

DPF