Re: [ga] YesNIC hoarding joesworld.com

Marc Schneiders wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, at 13:19 [=GMT+0200], Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>
> > Well - if this, as it seems, is really a bug about the WHOIS clauses
> > in the Registrar Agreement, I think the WHOIS Task Force should
> > definitely propose a patch to it in its final report.
>
>Why? How can an unused domain do any damage/crime? If you have a car and
>hide it in your garage, you don't need license plates. You cannot hurt
>anybody with it, nor evade road tax.

I support the principle that upon registration of a domain name the
registrant has to provide correct and complete information, but also that
he/she has the right to "opt-out" from public listing.
This said, I don't see the problem in treating inactive domains the same
way: info should be provided but can be kept private, if the registrant
wants.

Regards
Roberto