Re: [ga] YesNIC hoarding joesworld.com

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, at 13:19 [=GMT+0200], Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> Well - if this, as it seems, is really a bug about the WHOIS clauses
> in the Registrar Agreement, I think the WHOIS Task Force should
> definitely propose a patch to it in its final report.

Why? How can an unused domain do any damage/crime? If you have a car and
hide it in your garage, you don't need license plates. You cannot hurt
anybody with it, nor evade road tax.

Trademark lawyers can always go after the registrant through the UDRP,
which in its procedure contacts the registrar to check the details anyway.
They cannot easily find the details of the registrant of joesworld.com and
send her a cease and desist letter. Bad luck for them.

--
Marc@Schneiders.ORG