Re: [ga] [Admin] Temporary posting rights suspension

Eric, Alex, Jim and all assembly members,

  Of course suspending Jim was purely political in nature!  It is well known
and has been for sometime that when Jim states the truth in his postings,
as well as provides direct documentation to support those truths, that some
of the ICANN'ites send in a complaint to have his posting rights suspended.
It's utter nonsense, but some forms of subversion are utter nonsense.  This
is one of them IMHO...

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Number of posts is such a silly criterion for suspension.
> As we all know Jim's are short and going to the links provided is completely
> up to the readers.
> But in this case it is completely political.
> Who complained to the abuse line?
> Why was he really suspended? was it TR or AS and who asked for it?
> Abridgment of freedom of speech should not be so light?
> Eric
>

> > The posting rights of Jim Fleming have been temporarily
> >suspended because of violations of the GA list rules.
> >
> >>- If the GA Chair or a list monitor asks for a limit to the number of
> >>posts
> >>  per person per day, this must be respected
> > (from http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html)
> >
> >>The Chair of the GA has set the posting limit at FIVE postings per
> >>person, list and calendar day, calculated according to the sender's
> >>local time.
> > (from http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/GA.list-monitoring.html)
> >
> > Jim Fleming has violated the posting limit again: He has done
> >so before and had been warned on 18 August 2002.
> >
> > Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:11:36 -0500
> > Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:55:32 -0500
> > Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:43:51 -0500
> > Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:44:24 -0500
> > Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:03:48 -0500
> > Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:42:06 -0500
> > Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:00:41 -0500
> >
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:45:22 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:37:54 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:47:56 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:13:41 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:22:54 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:35:58 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:01:12 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:26:35 -0500
> > Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:23:40 -0500
> >

> >>A list monitor may impose 2 sanctions against offenders:
> >>
> >>- Monitoring of posts. This will cause delay of postings from the
> >>affected
> >>  individual until a list moderator approves them as being within the
> >>  content  rules, or rejects them
> >>- Suspension of posting rights. This will cause mail from that person
> >>not to be
> >>  sent to the GA list.
> >>
> >>Both sanctions are imposed for a limited period of time (typically 2
> >>weeks),  and are announced on the mailing list. Repeat offenders may
> >>get correspondingly  longer sentences (for instance 4 weeks for a
> >>second offense, 8 weeks for a third). The period is decided by the list
> >>monitor.
> > (from http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html)
> >
> > Jim Fleming's posting rights have already been suspended for two weeks
> > in the past. The current suspension of posting rights therefore lasts
> > four weeks.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > /// GA List Monitor
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801