Re: [ga] Re: New TLD Evaluation Process : Specific Question to theBoard

vint,

first of all I'm always impressed you actually take the time to read all
the posts I see you reply to, my hat is off to you.

this isn't a query but more of a point of information regarding reporting
required by registries and ICANN's ability to publish them.

In appendix T of the new gTLD contracts Registries are required to report
many mundane statistics, see http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/unsponsored/registry-agmt-appt-11may01.htm

The data required in Appendix T and Appendix U are mostly statistical in
nature which makes it hard to buy the confidentiality restrictions. Also
Appendix T does not have the option for a confidentiality restriction but
not one of the Appendix T reports has been published either.

There is one registry that does publish Monthly Operator reports much like
what is required in Appendix T, see
http://www.gtldregistries.org/reports.html The VeriSign Registry has
published reports, available, dating as far back as March 2000.

My point is that ICANN is loosing its credibility, this isn't your fault,
but telling us the reports are there make no difference if they cannot be
reviewed. This leaves us with just one person to ask... Karl Auerbach.
which seems silly, because the Appendix T reports have no confidentiality
restrictions. Which makes it this pill so hard to swallow.

Isn't this all just a bit ironic? I've evn offered to part-time as a
webmaster to help get these reports out, apparently ICANN staff doesn't
take well volunteers either.

nntr,

-rick