Re: [ga] WHOIS policy primer

Joanna and all assembly members,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> > kent@songbird.com
> > On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 12:24:04AM -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Domain names are more like bagpipes than they are like guns
> >
> > Actually, they are more like guns.
>
> Which doesn't negate Karl's point (not even guns are always on publicly
> accessible ledgers).

  Good point here Joanna.  As a avid gun collector myself, I know
that your and Karls statement here is quite correct.  None of my
guns are registered, nor will they ever be.  However I preferred
Karls comparison to bagpipes much better for some obvious
reasons.  None the less, guns, bagpipes or Whois records
for Domain Names, the facts that Karl previously stated
remain the same...

> Score: Karl 1, Kent 0.

  Yes.  And in Kent's missive, he as a ICANN Employee, has
added to the tarnish on it's already badly tarnished Rep...

> Regards,
> Joanna

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801