Re: [ga] Re: [atlarge-discuss] my comments to the WHOIS Task Force reports

Absolutely,

WLS and WHOIS can be intelligently routed around.

But we like to think that intellegent actions should be taken here in the
ICANN also.

But just like lawyers and doctors have done we make it so complicated as to
take it out of the hands of the users and into "professionals" hands only.

In cal we have a rule that you cannot file a lawsuit against a doctor
without another doctor swearing to malpractice (with some exceptions of
course but you need a lawyer to explain them).  Perhaps we should have a
similar rule for IP, you cannot file a lawsuit against a domain name holder
without an ISP swearing that it is the right defendant.  I appeared 3 times
in court in the 90s because a registrant had an email with us.

"people of petty outlook are fretful,doubting;
the more they hurry, the more they fall behind.
Sticklers always miss the proper measure,
certain to set off on wrong roads."
(HSIN-HSIN-MING)
> Each user controls the "content" of their whois information, on a
> name-by-name basis... They do not have to have a web-based result...
>
> http://whois.cavebear.com
>
> They can control what they put into the DNS whois...name by name...

http://www.analogx.com/cgi-bin/cgidig.exe?DNS=205.214.45.10&Query=whois.cave
bear.com&Type=255&submit=Lookup