[ga] Policy on Introduction of Registry Services

Marilyn,

Our General Counsel in his preliminary analysis on WLS noted that:  "ICANN
has not yet developed a well-defined procedure for considering requests by
registry operators to amend Appendix G to allow charging for an additional
registry service. Because action on VGRS's proposal may serve as a model for
future actions, it is important to carefully consider the process that should
be followed."

As Chair of the Transfers Task Force that handled the WLS matter, can you
comment on the "procedure" that the task force has recommended to govern the
future introduction of registry services by VeriSign and other registries?  I
have not been able to find any such specific policy recommendation regarding
future introductions of registry services in the TF report.  Did I miss it
somewhere?  Wasn't it part of the Task Force's job to consider such policy
matters?