Re: [ga] WLS: ICANN should approve it (and be sued for that).

Dear Don,
how right your are (but you just consider the Internet side, not the IP
side which will be fun IMHO)

On 19:01 23/08/02, Don Brown said:
>WLS "will" (not "may") put those already in the market out of that
>business, because the Registry will have exclusive control over the source
>of supply. Frankly, to argue otherwise is simply unrealistic.

Question is simple. Are commercial registrars needed? I think not.
Registrants Consulting may be. The "error" was to make a fixed fee to
support the cost  of the registrant assistance.  But then they would have
made the $ 6 to fall down to $.25. ...

Competition among on purpose registrars is smoke screen. Competition is not
among sales, it is to be among manufacturers (source). Would car industry
competition being anyone having the right to low his margin on the sales of
fixed priced Frod cars - Ford being alone permitted to build cars?

jfc