[ga] General Counsel vs. DNSO

Has General Counsel now usurped the role of the DNSO as a policy advisory?
Is this second "analysis" that has been put forth strictly in keeping with
the role of a legal counsel, or has it "crossed the line" to the detriment of
the DNSO?  What legal issues are implicated now that weren't already present
after the first such analysis that mandated this new "analysis" from Counsel?
 I don't see any.

All I see is a blatant attempt on the part of Staff to unduly influence the
Board to take a position at odds with the consensus view of the community.
This raises the question:  of what value is the DNSO if all policy decisions
will be made by General Counsel only to be rubber-stamped by the Board?  Has
Louis Touton become the de facto Monarch of ICANN with his decisions alone
subject to ratification by a compliant House of Lords?

Allow me to add my voice to those calling for the replacement of ICANN's
legal counsel.