[ga] RAA 3.7.1

Dear Stuart,

For some time now, many members in the Community have recognized the need for
the domain name industry (and registrars in particular) to adopt a Code of
Conduct.  The Registrar Accreditation Agreement includes the following
language on this subject:

3.7.1 In the event ICANN adopts a specification or policy, supported by a
consensus of ICANN-Accredited registrars, establishing or approving a Code of
Conduct for ICANN-Accredited registrars, Registrar shall abide by that Code.

Can you perhaps comment upon whether ICANN in the spirit of Reform is
considering adopting a specification or policy establishing such a Code of
Conduct?  According to my reading of the above language, the onus appears to
be on ICANN, as the coordinator, to develop such a Code (which would then be
subject to ratification by a consensus decision of the accredited
registrars).  Is my understanding of this matter correct, and do you
contemplate action along these lines?

Best regards,
Danny Younger